Sunday, February 28, 2016

Yes, You Can Build Your Own Home Wind Turbine

Recently I've been giving a lot of thought to what I can do that will not only help me save money but will be good for the environment too.  I've heard a lot about wind turbines for home use and I've found that it can be quite inexpensive to build a  home wind turbine.

If you were thinking about building a turbine for your home too, here is an idea of what it's all about.

The first thing I found out was that it probably wouldn't make sense for me to buy a turbine since the price of one can be anywhere from $600 all the way up to over $10,000! That's out of my league at this stage in the game.

It would take me several years, at least, of energy savings to be able to recoup that investment. 

I did find that building my own was a much more achievable goal.  There are manuals that can walk you through the whole building process step by step.  I don't need to be an engineer or need any special skills or knowledge. 

The materials you'll need to build your turbine can be purchased at any hardware store for around $200, which is the total cost of your home turbine. A small wind turbine can easily fit in your yard or even on your roof. 

While you can't realistically expect one turbine to supply all your electricity needs it can help cut your bill by as much as 80%.  When you take that 80% and multiply it by, say, 10 years...that's a huge savings.

So after checking out all the facts I have decided to build my own home wind turbine.  It won't cost very much to build, it will save me money for years to come, and I can't wait to brag to my neighbors about all the money I'm saving!